Reeps One and Dub FX last met on a misty hill both playing the legendary Glastonbury festival. This winter the two came together to write, record and perform ‘Stars’ in just 3 hours.
Yes, you read that right! We’re giving you the chance to win the holiday of your dreams – a VIP trip to Altitude 2016! So if you’d like to see John Bishop, Sean Lock, Jim Jefferies and many more of the world’s best comedians in the stunning location of Mayrhofen, all you have to do is fill in your details here!
The package includes:
JAZZ CAFE – NYE 2015
Featuring The Cuban Brothers (Live), Norman Jay MBE,
Nubiyan Twist Sound System & Dom Servini (Wah Wah 45s)
@ The Jazz Cafe Camden
Thursday 31st December 2015
The Jazz Cafe is delighted to announce the final line up for this year’s New Years Eve Extravaganza. An event that always sells out, this year the night will be hosted by The Cuban Brothers, who will be seeing in 2016 with a live set of epic proportions.
Kicking off the nights entertainment will be Nubiyan Twist Sound System. After selling out The Jazz Cafe earlier this year we are delighted to have them back, and they are sure to be ones to watch for 2016.
CELEBRATING ALTITUDE’S 10th BIRTHDAY
THE BISH IS BACK (AGAIN)!
BRAND NEW ADDITIONS JOINING OUR PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED LINE-UP:
JOHN BISHOP / KATHERINE RYAN / BEARDYMAN / ALEX EDLEMAN
TICKETS ON-SALE NOW
Altitude Comedy Festival is delighted to announce that one of the UK’s greatest comedians, John Bishop, is back again to headline Altitude’s 10th birthday celebrations in the chocolate box surrounds of Mayrhofen, Austria this coming January. And that’s not all! We also have Katherine Ryan, Beardyman and Alex Edelman heading down to clowntown to join our most incredible line-up ever, for an amazing five days of action enjoying slopes all day and laughs all night!
John Bishop had such a brilliant time headlining Altitude 2012 that he asked to come back and do it all again in 2013. How could we possibly refuse? Having totally destroyed Mayrhofen, both on and off the stage for two year’s running, we’re are over the moon that the Bish is back to do it all again for our 10th birthday celebrations. One of the UK’s biggest and best comedians, John has been blazing trails both on the live circuit, and on the TV, presenting the Royal Variety Performance and with his own prime time BBC One spot for The John Bishop Show. Seriously in demand, John can sell out arena tours at the drop of a hat, but this is your chance to catch him up close and personal in the intimate venues of Mayrhofen. Whatever you do, don’t miss out.
Also joining Altitude’s gargantuan 10th birthday line-up is queen of the acid putdown, Katherine Ryan. Currently host of BBC 2s Hair, London-based, Canadian, Katherine may have come to wider public attention with a string of acerbic appearances on Mock the Week, 8 out of 10 Cats, QI and Have I Got News For You, but she made her name by being one of the best stand ups around. Viciously funny, she’s not afraid to take deadly aim at highfalutin celebs, or to let you know just how disastrous her taste in men is. Shockingly good, if you like it near the knuckle, then Katherine’s for you.
A veteran of the festival scene, Beardyman knows how to get a crowd bouncing. One of only two acts to have won the UK Beatboxing Championships twice, Beardyman, or Darren to his mum, has racked up tens of millions of YouTube hits for his revelatory skits that take vocal gymnastics to the very limit of human possibility. From dubstep, techno and reggae, to impersonations of Elvis dressed as a monkey and his viral smash Kitchen Diaries, Beardyman’s set is an unpredictable smorgasbord of hilarious madness that is guaranteed to blow you away.
And finally, for now, we’re over the moon to announce Alex Edelman will be back in Mayrhofen for our 10th birthday. Always a huge hit with the Zillertal crowd, Alex’s east coast-based observations on cultural identity have earned him the admiration of the comedy big boys and won him 2014 Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer gong. Deceptively mellow, Alex hits his targets with pinpoint accuracy and is definitely one to catch before his certain rise to the really big leagues.
With some of the world’s greatest comedians, including John Bishop, Sean Lock, Michael Mittermeier, Marcus Brigstocke, Andrew Maxwell, Katherin Ryan, Steven K Amos, and many, many more across five fun-packed days in Mayrhofen, one of Europe’s most picturesque ski resorts, Altitude’s 10th birthday is set to be totally legendary, so book your tickets now, before it’s too late.
Tickets, including our exclusive VIP Altitude Ticket are on sale now. Full details can be found at www.ticketline.co.uk
TICKET INFORMATION: http://www.ticketline.co.uk/altitude-festival#bio
Early Bird Full Week Festival Wristband – £155.00 (plus booking fee)
Early Bird Full Week VIP Festival Wristband – £225.00 (plus booking fee)
THE VIP WRISTBAND WILL ENTITLE YOU TO:
Entrance to All Altitude Shows
A Free Bottle of Wine (or up to 4 beers) for the Gala Shows*
Meet and Greet the comedians***
Compete in the Clown Hill Race****
*Please book this with one of the staff at the Altitude HQ on your arrival
** Gala Shows only.
*** VIP’s will be welcome to the Press Launch Monday afternoon
**** During the week we will be having the inaugural Comedian Down Hill Race, VIP will be allowed to take part and race the comedians/clowns.
- “Incredible, Go!” Jimmy Carr
- “What a lovely gig…Thank you to all!!” John Bishop
- “I had a great time”. Bill Bailey
- “I loved every minute”. Sean Lock
- “Thanks so much to everyone involved with @AltitudeComedy it’s honestly been one of the highlights of my career. Sad it’s over *CRIES*” Daniel Sloss
- “I had a fucking blast. Cannot wait for next year”. Rufus Hound
- “Well done to everyone involved Altitude Comedy…got a good thing going here! Yaldy”. Kevin Bridges
- “Altitude Festival is blinding so far. Seen some unbelievably good comedy – it’s been a pleasure to play. Have to say Mayrhofen is beautiful”. Marcus Brigstocke
- “Massive thanks to all the crew and artist for making it a very special week …roll on next year”. Dub Pistols
- “People, save your pennies for next year’s Altitude Festival, skiing all day and 3 amazing comedy shows each night!” Andy Smart
- “There can be few nicer places to watch comedy than at the Altitude festival” Daily Telegraph
- “Even if you’re useless at it [Skiing or Snowboarding], it’s still worth it for the après” Guardian
- It is not often you get to see an O2 Arena-filling act in a 100-capacity bar, so this was the kind of thing that made the festival special.’ Evening Standard
- “SKIING, comedy, music. Not a bad combination, in anyone’s book. Hence, the fun had at Altitude Festival this year was – by my maths – at least three times better than any mountain break previously taken”. The Sun
- “I’m already counting the days to Altitude…” Bruce Dessau, Beyond The Joke
- “Altitude Festival keeps the laughter levels flowing long after you dust off your bruised and aching limbs for some well-deserved après-ski and a glass of mulled wine”. Metro
- “Altitude festival is well, well WORTH A LOOK. We recommend it highly”. Maxim
- “We’d happily put up with the combination of aching legs and split sides again next year.” Whitelines
- “Storming gigs…brilliant intimate sets”. Chortle
- “The one thing to expect from Altitude is the unexpected – an utterly surreal experience”. The Big Issue
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ALTITUDE PLEASE CONTACT CHLOE MUNTS email@example.com, 020 7604 2944
Sign Up & Get Involved
Sign up for all the latest news from GI towers. Keep on top of the latest news in music, festivals and cool stuff from brands and bands. We might even give some swag away from time to time!